Pages

10.19.2009

Easy Conversation: Kristina Gisors


Her innovative and distinct allure is what made us fall in love with her. During Paris and London Fashion Week(s) we saw her everywhere... Let us (re)introduce to you Kristina Gisors. This 20-something Parisian gal is a dope stylist whose work has been published in publications such as Paper, Wad, Lurve, Blink... [Remember, the post about her collab' with Reebook ]
We had a little chat with her and it went a little something like this...


Can you please introduce yourself, who is Kristina Gisors?
My name is Kristina, I'm a freelance stylist from Paris.
I was born and raised in the City of lights,
My mom is from Guadeloupe and my father from Africa.
I have a masters in Cinema. and I originally wanted to be a costume designer for cinema.

When did you start working as a stylist?
After my studies, I took some sewing classes... I then became a dresser for Jean-Paul Gauthier, Chanel and Paco Rabanne. I was also a costume designer for a few theater and dance companies, worked for a press office then a buying office (Bergdorf Goodman, Lane Crawford).
I officially started as a stylist 2 years ago and my first shoot was with Alice Dellal.

Who is your favorite designer or brand and why?
OMG there are so many designers that I like...
Here are my picks for Spring/Summer 2010:
NYC
Alexander Wang: for his cool sportwear, downtown NYC look
Paris
Alexander Mc Queen: for his creativity he's just beyond earth
London
Mark Fast: for his knitted, little, tiny dresses and for the fact that he's stepped up the game by choosing plus size models
Shoes
Atalanta Weller: for her futuristic feminine vision
Men
James Long: for his audacious choice of colours and his accessories

Is a there a celebrity male or female you would like to work with?
I'd love to work with La Roux - my friend NoVA Dando is her stylist.
I also like Lykke li, VV Brown, Janelle Monae ! It would be great to work with Dutch singer Eva Simons too!

What projects are you working on now?
My own TV show, please keep your fingers crossed for me. I'm also styling Vitaa - French R'nB songstress based in Paris !

What did you want to be or do when growing up?
I dont' really remember... I think, I wanted to be a professional dancer or to own a shop.
Now that I'm old, LOL, I'm 28... I dont know, I would love to own a magazine, a shop, a man, a dog and a house !

What's playing on you Ipod these days?
Miike Snow, Jack Penate, Passion Pit, Santogold, Mapei, Vv Brown, Janelle Monae

Give us some of the trends for this Fall?
Biker style, leather, transparent, studs, eighties and suits
Lady Gaga meets Grace Jones meets Bjork. Fashion, this Fall is very extreme!

What is, according to you, the must-have item (s) of this Fall?
The must have item will be shoulders pads -as well as knee pads.
Just take an old leather or jeans jacket, add a pair shoulder pads, some studs or safety pins et voilà !

Thanks for the tips Kristina; your work rocks!

ps: Check out Miss Gisors blog which was recently ranked as the 78th best fashion blog.

Aucun commentaire: